Head of Post Production — July 2018-Sept. 2022
iFIT Health & Fitness
Lead the iFIT Post Production department, a staff of 40, composed of assembly and finishing editors, trailer specialists, audio editors and mixers, colorists, VFX artists, still photographers, copy writers, fitness professionals, and freelancers. Oversee multiple teams, balancing at times up to 15-20 different interactive projects at once. Member of the iFIT content leadership team. Pitch, plan, and improve upon past productions based on analytics, KPIs, and market seasonality.
Digital Media Editor — Aug. 2015-July 2018
University of Wyoming Foundation
Responsible for digital media production in the form of still photo, video, and multimedia content. Content is created for solicitation of major gifts from potential donors and to steward relationships with these donors by highlighting faculty and student initiatives and impacts gifts have made on campus.
Producer — June 2015-Current
Following the Manito Trail Documentary
Manage production schedule, act as primary visual artist, manage visual identity, produce and maintain website and web content, negotiate print production for gallery exhibition.
Marketing and Communications Editor — Nov. 2013-Aug. 2015
University of Wyoming Foundation
Produce weekly photo, video, and multimedia content. Occasionally write and edit text for major gift proposals, design graphic elements for large-scale video exhibits, conduct on-camera interviews with influential members of the greater University of Wyoming community – including the Governor and First Lady of Wyoming. Foster working relationships with campus professors to better meet their marketing or communication needs.
News Editor — Sept. 2011-June 2013
Douglas Budget, Glenrock Independent
Manage a newsroom of journalists, assign stories, oversee production, page design, graphic design, layout of paper each week, conduct news meetings, public relations, report, photograph assignments.
Reporter/ Photographer — March 2011-Sept. 2011
Beats included energy, courts, breaking news, hard news, sports and feature writing. Photographs included sports, candid feature photos, breaking news, hard news, graphic design and special section production.
Media and Marketing Director — Oct. 2010-Nov. 2011
Global Natural Health Alliance (non-profit)
Manage media identity, lead photographer, cinematographer, producer and editor for all marketing aspects of GNHA. Manage and guide a team of visual artists to create and publish thought provoking visual media for marketing and educational purposes for viewing on the web, print, and film.
Documentary Film Production Editor — June 2009-April 2010
Revelar Los Enlaces
In-country story execution with still, video and audio capture. Post-production creation of a feature length documentary film editing and combining the work of 16 photographers. Interview, Verite-style story arch, Final Cut Pro 7 editing, key framing, sound design, assist motion graphics.
Lead Production Editor- Book — June 2008-April 2009
Svara: South India Project
Post-production management—delegate responsibilities to team of five, edit picture stories and written stories to create a cohesive 160 page, hard cover book that encompasses the work of 20 photographers. Story arc, story editing, written story editing, font selection, page layout and design, print company negotiations.
• 2016-17 Adam Herrera (PI), Vanessa Fonseca (Co-PI). 30th Anniversary South Park Paving Project, Social Justice Resource Center. University of Wyoming. $2,800
• 2016-17 Fonseca, Vanessa (PI); Adam Herrera (Co-PI), Trisha Martínez (Co-PI), Robert Perea (Co-PI), Levi Romero (Co-PI). Following the Manito Trail: Los nuevomexicanos en Guayomin. Wyoming Cultural Trust Fund, Cheyenne, WY. $9,000.
• 2016-17 Fonseca, Vanessa (PI); Adam Herrera (Co-PI), Troy Lovata (Co-PI), Robert Perea (Co-PI), Cultural Remnants of New Mexico Sheepherding in Wyoming. Wyoming Institute for Humanities Research. University of Wyoming.
• 2022 43rd Annual Sports Emmy Nomination: Outstanding Interactive Experience - Original Programming
• 2014 National Newspaper Association (NNA): 1st, Best Feature Series, Photos
• 2013 NNA: General Excellence, News Editor, Douglas Budget
• 2012 Wyoming Press Association (WPA) Photographic Excellence Award, Small Weeklies, Glenrock Independent, News Editor
• 2012 WPA Pacemaker- 1st, News Feature, Large Weeklies (Co-written with Jesse Bishop)
• 2012 WPA Pacemaker- 1st Specialty/Beat Reporting, Large Weeklies
• 2012 WPA Pacemaker- 1st, Headline Writing, Large Weeklies, Staff
• 2012 WPA Pacemaker- 1st, Use of Graphic Elements, Large Weeklies
• 2012 WPA Pacemaker- 2nd, Use of Graphic Elements, Large Weeklies
• 2012 WPA Pacemaker- 2nd, Portrait/Personality Photo, Large Weeklies.
• 2012 NNA: 2nd, Best Breaking News Photo
• 2011 WPA Photo of the Year, 2011 WPA Pacemaker- 2nd, Column Writing, Large Weeklies
• 2010 Commitment to Excellence award, School of Visual Journalism, Brooks Institute